👋🏼 Hi! This is CAFF - Cwervo's A-Frame Funland. A place for all my A-Frame webVR experiments that doen't really have a home. Right now I'm experimenting with ring patterns, check out the links below!
- I built this 🍕pizza🍕 VR scene first. It uses this rather interesting wave pattern to scale the objects in a ring pattern, and all uses the same pizza texture!.
- More of the same, I built this colorful torus-knot wave using basically the same ring & animation deplay pattern! This one's actually playing as the faint background of this page!
- This one is the wave pattern again, but this time it pulls a random image from Unsplash with the search term
puppy, hence it's a random puppy on all the things!
- Okay, okay, just one more ring animation piece, okay? For this one I was inspired by the Samsung Internet logo. V space theme, v white jupiter-like planet 👽🛰🚀✨
- This one's a collection of loading animation concepts. I hadn't seen anyone try and make simple loading animations that take advantage of the 3D platform, so I thought I'd cook up some of my own! Loading isn't fun, but it's important to give users feedback while apps are working, and I wanted set of simple animations that allow the user to look at some interesting geometry while waiting.
- I made this scene because wanted a simple way to outline 3D geometry. While there's some tricky ways to do it involving the view matrix and fragment shaders, but I was particularly inspired by this early Three.js demo, which just clones the object, scales the clone up by
1.05, and gives it a different color!
- This simple scene is a virtual reality implementation of a zootrope using photos from Horse In Motion, an early zoetrope animation, orgiinally captured to prove that all 4 of horses' hooves leave the ground when they're galloping.
- This dancing VR scene is using motion capture data from the CMU Graphics Lab Motion Capture Database. The smaller skeleton is the helper from the THREE.js SkeletonHelper, while the blue spheres are my own simple recreation :) .
- This random pattern generator scene is using a 10PRINT-like algorithm to generate walls of planes!
- I built this jack-o-lantern 🎃 VR scene for Halloween 2017!. Uses a model from Sketchfab (link in the "?" info) & some animated lights!
- This skinned mesh scene uses a little custom component to generate & animate a Three.js Skinned Mesh cylinder & rotate it
- My impulse block experiments all use Tone.js in an A-Frame component to convert sound levels to impulse signals on objects in a scene.